Friday, March 14, 2008

Peculiar Behavior

You may be wondering why I am posting yet another picture of Butterbean eating. She really doesn't eat that much. It might seem that way, but she really doesn't. I post this because this child keeps me in stitches. Without her, my day would be very dull! For a snack during the day or in the evening before bed, I give her a few Goldfish crackers, some cheese, and some raisins. Tonight, I noticed a pattern. She takes her food, sets it on these little circles on the outside of her tray, then eats in from there. She doesn't do it for every piece, just a few. I wonder if they taste better from way out there. She picks up each one and puts in into her mouth like she has done it her whole life and it is the most normal thing in the world. Kids are great... Tonight, she kept her cup on her tray and would sip on it between snacks. Generally, she will drink a lot, then toss it on the floor.
In the picture below, you can see the small circle she puts her food on. Its not the big circle at the left, but the little small circle on the bottom. Her little arm barely reaches the small little circle, but she still needs to put her food out there! Strange, isn't she??
Oh, yes! How could I forget this little tidbit? She is just like Ryan in too many ways. I've already mentioned that they share a very similar sense of humor, right? Well, get a load of this. When she was done eating, I pulled out the tray and saw a few stray crackers, raisins and cheese chunks on her lap. I picked them up and sat them back on her tray within reach to see if she wanted a few more. Keep in mind she WATCHED me pick these up off of her lap. She picked up a raisin with two tiny little fingers and set it back on her lap. I said, "silly girl!" and picked it back up and set it on the tray. I was moving my arms to pick her up when she moved her arms to sweep the food still on the tray onto her lap! I swear, if I knew I was going to have a Ryan junior....How will I ever live to see my old age with two if them in the house??

1 comment:

Malisa said...

Just wait until there are 3. Sometimes I wonder the same thing about my 3 Clint's;)