Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jacie!!

Jacie did it! She turned 1! And she will still be rear facing until she is 5! She has yet to reach the 20 pound requirement to turn her around, and the pediatrician suggested keeping her rear facing for as long as possible to protect the head and neck. Ugh! It would be so much easier to have her facing forward, but I gotta keep that sweet head safe. She had her 1 year check up today and is 19 pounds (20th percentile), 29 1/4 inches (55th percentile), and her head is in the 70th percentile. What does this mean? It means that she has a big head and no butt! She is a great, healthy, happy, though shot-stricken little peanut. I think she might have a nut allergy (swear words). I gave her a bite of my cereal without thinking yesterday, and it had almonds in it. She broke out in a rash on her torso. I wonder if that is what its from. Speaking of a bite of cereal, my daughter is a scrounge. So, if any of you come to visit, and you feel little hands on your leg while you are eating, its because she wants what you have, no matter if she just ate an entire bowl of mac and cheese, or 2 pounds of oatmeal. If you have food, she must have some of it, too. You know how when you are an adult, and you hear "it will go straight to my thighs"? Well, with Jace, we know it will just go straight to her cheeks--not the butt cheeks, but the face cheeks. Chubby cheeks, and thats about all that is chubby on her.

She had a wonderful birthday. We gave her a little Disney Princess chair, and she loves it! She sits in it tapping her feet, swinging her legs, and smilin'. When she gets out, she puts LaLa into it and looks at her for a minute, then throws her out. Too funny to watch. I set her chair next to Ryan's Lazy Boy and they looked like two peas in a pod.

(Can you see her pointing to the Princesses?? She loves Princesses)



After the shots, and the chair, we went to dinner with friends from work and Jacie had a grand time. Her first free birthday dinner! When I get the pictures from that, I will post them. A very fun--and full-day for us!

4 comments:

Skeeutopia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACIE! And congrats to the lucky parents who survived the first year. Whew! Now about siblings... j/k.
Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Stephanie said...

That chair makes her look like such a big girl! Don't they grow so fast?

Kaitlyn was under 20 lbs at one year too. I switched around the car seat though. I couldn't take the rear facing anymore.

Danette said...

Only one more pound. Try giving her a protein shake!!
I love the picture of Jacie and Ryan sitting side by side in their chairs. So cute.

Malisa said...

Alright I am a little late but I haven't checked the blogs much lately. I just get to busy. Happy Birthday to Jacie. Looks like a fun party.