Friday, May 30, 2008

And now it begins...

These pictures may not look like much, but they are of one of the first tantrums Jacie threw. Yep. She started throwing them last week. Picture this: Sweet Baby Jacie, the innocent Baby Girl, the Precious not getting what she wants. The wailing starts, then she falls to the ground on her knees or bum. Next, she carefully, and I mean carefully, lays herself down on the floor and kicks her arms and legs while she screams. The first time, I thought 'Could this be real? Already?'. Sure enough, its real, and we have had many more since then. When its time for naps or to go to bed, I have her walk to her room. Sometimes I will have the most precious La La in my hands, or a cup of milk. If she thinks she needs to carry it back to the room, she will get down on her knees, throw her arms forward onto the step and begin screaming. What does the Mama do? Walk away. Eventually, she gives up and comes to where ever I am. She is usually still crying, but not real tears--just the fake ones. Crazy that its already happening.
Look sweet an innocent now, but when she does it for the first time at the mall, it might be a different story.



1 comment:

Robin said...

Eliza started throwing tantrums too. She throws her face on the ground and cries. I think the sooner they get in the phase, the sooner they get out... hopefully. :)