Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fascination

I bought her this spinner toy awhile ago. You might remember it from an earlier post. Well, she finally figured it out! Object permanence is also in place. Ryan was hiding the remote the other day under his hand (which, or course, she just has to play with), and she was staring at his hand, and then began picking up his fingers one by one to find it. Back to the spinner toy. She played with it for the longest time tonight, watching the little balls pop up. It’s so fun to watch her discover new things. It’s just downright fascinating! She is also getting so much closer to crawling. She is in the stage where she pulls one leg out, like she is trying to get onto her knees. So close! I bet we have a crawler before Christmas. One last note…she giggles a lot more now than ever before. She will be playing with her toys and I will be reading and I will here this little giggle. She is laughing at herself playing! Too cute. She also giggles when she sees Ryan and I, spontaneously! Does she have a bit of her Daddy in her?? Hmmm….OK, one more thing…I swear she is saying Mama and Dada, in reference to Ryan or myself. Isn’t it a bit young for that? But I promise ya, she does it. When Ryan got home tonight, she said directly to him Da Da Da several times. But when she is fussing for me, she says Ma Ma Ma or just Ma Ma. Too early? Maybe, and maybe it really isn’t in reference to one of us but I sure love hearing it!

4 comments:

Malisa said...

Great toy! I would also recommend the Playskool ball popper, especially once she starts crawling. I think it is only about $15. It plays songs and blows the balls up in the air. It will give her a chance to chase down the balls that don't land back in the toy :P

Judaloo said...

Funny you mention that...I bought it for her for Christmas! Its sitting in our living room right now waiting to be wrapped. I also bought her the Step N Ride toy from playskool. Its so fun buying for a baby for Christmas!

Malisa said...

Oh she will love it! Every kid I know will play with it for hours. It is really fun to do Christmas for kids.

Stephanie said...

The ball popper toy is cool. I've been looking at that as well for Marissa. I know that Kaitlyn loves it and she's three!