Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Head


BJ (Baby Jacie) has some wild and wacky hair these days. It is getting longer and longer, thus crazier and crazier. She has that little bald spot that babies get on the back of their heads, but long hair on top. Very cute. Its fun to look back at her old pictures and see how little hair she used to have!

Why do they do this to me?

In other news...we got her to take some formula--two days in a row! You might recall that she refused formula when we tried to start her on it before this semester started. She would cry if we gave it to her. However, I had this most brilliant idea to try it again and see what she would do with it. I thought she might take it simply because she's had so many new flavors introduced into her diet through food. I thought that if she would eat something so gross as the turkey & green beans combo, or the mixed vegetables & beef combo, she just might take formula. She won't drink it in a straight up 'one scoop to 2 ounce mix'; I have to make it slightly watered down, but she will drink a whole 6 ounces in about an hour or so. She is a slow drinker, but we will work on getting her up to speed. This opens up a whole new world to me since I have been very concerned about nursing next semester with my super crazy schedule. Other things in my life have just gotten a bit crazier too, so it will be super nice to possibly wean her before the start of the new semester. Originally, I had hoped to nurse for the entire first year, but it is looking less and less like a real possibility.

Last note of the night--Jacie had another cousin born this weekend! Ethan was born Saturday November 3 in California to my brother's wife (congrats, guys!!). When I told Peanut she has a new cousin, she got all excited and flapped her arms and squealed in delight. Could she possibly have understood me, and maybe knew he was coming?? Did they know each other before?? Hmmm...something to ponder!

7 comments:

Malisa said...

She is adorable! I like the picture with the hat. Jaiden's hair gets all crazy too, when he wakes up it is usually sticking straight up in the back.

Stephanie said...

I'm out of the loop on what everyone is up to. What are you going to school for?

Allery said...

Very cute hair!! She will love that when she is older! Ha Ha!

Judaloo said...

Hi Stephanie,

I am going to school for my English/Writing degree. Ryan is doing residency for Ear Nose and Throat. We will be done in 2009. Kendall is going to medical school, and you know about Clint of course. Oh, Doug is doing a fellowhip for neonatal stuff. I think that abour wraps it up!

Malisa said...

I didn't realize what you were going to school for. I would have called you up when I was trying to understand grammar for my medical transcriptioning course:)

Stephanie said...

Wow! Going to school with a little one while your hubby is doing his residency sounds very busy. Good luck with everything!

Robin said...

One or two spritzes of spray on conditioner really helps tame the mane. When I do it, Amelia's hair stays down the entire day, even after a nap!