Monday, November 12, 2007

7 months old!

Princess Firebutt is really 7 1/2 months, almost 8 months (next Monday!!) old, but we couldn't get in for those shots because she was sick and cranky. We actually went in one evening and she screamed the whole time, so they didn't even get one shot done. She cried the second time we went in, but at least we got a few pictures, although they are not the greatest. Not my favorites, that's for sure. I'm not sure if it's because of the color red, or because of the background or what, but I really didn't care for them.

She is now standing against furniture on her own, and will play there for quite some time. She's liked standing since very young, maybe 4 weeks old, so this doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is how they manage to learn new skills, like crawling and so forth. She is almost there! She will be sitting on her bum and reach all the way forward for a toy until she is on her hands and knees. Once, she actually got one hand forward, then the next lifted up and then--plop! right onto the chest. She is also doing this graceful fall thing where she will fall backwards, but controlled like she is doing a pilates move with Mari Windsor. I'm thinking she wants to be on her back because if you set her up, she will do it again. Cute little tyke.
This may look like a smile, but it is really more like a cry getting ready to burst forth. Gotta take what you can get!
I have no idea why they insist on getting shots of her on her belly every single time. They are my least favorite shots every time!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ah, yes, pictures. We still had trouble getting Kaitlyn to smile at her 3-year pictures. Luckily dad was there and they weren't busy, so she had time to warm up. I'm finally taking Marissa for pictures in her blessing dress tomorrow. Should be fun.

Malisa said...

These pictures make me think of my nine month pictures, I think. I was sick and crying the whole time. My mom used to tell me how frustrated she was that day. We are taking our Christmas pictures on Wednesday. I hope the boys cooperate :P I never got around to getting Camren's 9 month pictures so I guess he will get 10 months instead.