Sunday, November 18, 2007

Big Beds and Big Girls

I make my bed most every morning, and when I do, I place Jacie at the head of the bed. I always cover her up as I go and she thinks its great. It reminds me of a story I read as a kid, but can’t remember the name of the book. Its this little bear that gets tucked into the bed and only his ears are showing. Sound familiar to anyone? Not that this is anything wonderful to share, but just thought I would share a rambling thought.

Last week she decided she would sleep through the night. Then her schedule got thrown off Friday and Saturday and she reverted back to her old ways of waking at 1 AM and 4 AM. I’ve tried the “crying it out” thing and it just doesn’t work on her, or me, or Ryan. I’m sorry, but letting a baby cry and scream for 45 minutes is not worth it to me. The longer and harder I try, the angrier she gets. I know these nights of waking won’t last forever, but those nights that she slept all the way through were such a tease!!

3 comments:

Malisa said...

At some point Jaiden refused to let us get him to sleep. So we had no choice but to put him in his crib and leave. He never cried for more than 25 minutes though, and he had a distinctive cry for when he was trying to go to sleep as opposed to just being mad. Camren on the other hand is like Jace and just gets more and more upset. We have just barely got Cam to the point that we can put him in his crib droopy and he will go to sleep. He is slowly getting to a point where he will sleep through the night. His problem is that he still poops in the middle of the night, and I can't blame him for not wanting to sleep in a messy diaper. He has been waiting until about 5 am before he wakes up lately.

Judaloo said...

Interesting. Jacie has never pooped at night. I don't think she even did it as a newborn...maybe a couple times, but not in the past 7 months or so. She has a very "regular schedule during the day, though, and prefers to poop in a clean diaper after I change her in the morning. The stinker.

Its nice to know that you know my struggle! It can be so hard...

Stephanie said...

I have no advice. I think the girls have just taken after their dad and they just love to sleep. Hang in there! I hope it gets better for both of you.