Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Entertainment


Princess Peanut has become a lot more independent lately. It’s actually kind of nice right now, because I can sit on the couch and do my reading, and she will entertain herself for a long time! She LOVES to take her toys out of the bin. I didn’t know this, but both Ryan and I have been doing that with her for quite some time. We load all the toys into the lime green container and set it in front of her and she completely unloads it. Sometimes she tips it over and dumps it. She is in heaven—so many toys to choose from! When all the toys are out and she looks like she is losing interest, we can load it back up and she will start all over again! Cinderella has taken a back burner with this new little task! Thank you Mark and Jaymie for the bin--who knew two years ago it would end up as a baby toy?!
She literally plays with every single toy in the container. Loves them all!
I love this shot because she looks like she is giving the "yes!" pull with her fist and arm pulling down.
Didn't I mention she mimicks me? Well, here she is now, reading her own book, just like Mommy!Doesn't that just look like loads of fun? Who wouldn't want to play with so many wonerfully colorful toys?

5 comments:

jayne said...

I love, love,love it when they finally figure out how to somewhat entertain themselves! Great milestone in a mothers life.

Malisa said...

That is so great. Jaiden will still empty the toy container. He has even learned to SOMETIMES put the toys back in.

Judaloo said...

I love it too! I am so glad she can entertain herself for any period of time. Not that playing with ehr is a bad thing...sometimes we just have to get stuff done!

Malisa, If Jaiden is sometimes putting them back, then I acn expect a long time of putting it back myself, eh?

Malisa said...

Ya probably. But it won't be long and she will want to copy you doing that too. We always make a game out of it. Act like it is the funnest thing in the world. He has been doing it since last Christmas, so at 18 months. Not that long to wait:) Nursery helps too because they always clean up in there and he loves to help.

Stephanie said...

Yes, I'm already looking forward to Marissa being able to play with toys and entertain herself.