Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ski Weekend

This past weekend was the annual house staff ski trip to Boyne. Residents get in for a super cheap price (remember, that Danette for next year!!), and guests (such as myself) get in for a cheap price. Basically, for $150, Ryan and I are able to get two lift tickets, lodging in an awesome hillside condo for two nights, dinner, breakfast, and food and drink in the condo. This year, our good friends David and Griselda Skeehan joined us. We had an awesome condo group--except for the naked young single couple that got stuck with us. Thats another story entirely. Anyway, we had Dave and Griselda, their three kids, Shane Olsen and his two boys (Molly had to work, darn it), and Jaymie and Mark Noel (one of Ryan's ENT pals). All of us except for Shane were able to snowboard. Shane opted for the water park with his 4 year old while I watched the little tykes. It was so much fun! Jacie loved all the boys (she was the only girl), and they loved her, too. Wherever the Skeehan boys went, Jacie was sure to follow, and I caught her more than once trying to kiss Ogden Olsen.

Ryan was talking to someone up there and they told him that he paid $700 for two days of skiing and lodging--just for himself! I hope I got that information right...Anyway, its a steal for the residents and guests, and a really good time. We hope to repeat it next year. We took some of Jacie's toys so she would feel comfortable being up there. Turns out the toys were fun for all the kids!
Here are the boys playing with Jacie's Sesame Street toy. They moved a couple times to get away from her so they could play with it without her, but she always found her way to them, and dug right in to the middle of them.
This is Ogden and Jacie on Saturday morning after both of them had a screaming fest the entire night before. The young naked couple didn't get any sleep. I felt bad at first, but anyone that is that rude deserves to go without sleep!
Here they all are the last morning of the trip. Did I mention the weather driving home was horrendous? Yep, it was.
This was supposed to be a super cute shot of Jacie snuggling up her Daddy, but at the last minute she stuck her tongue out and tried to bolt.
See her little finger pointing? Kaelan is upstairs, and she wants so badly to be up there with him! With Ryan watching the whole way, she got almost to the top.

This is Griselda and Jeydan. He is 3 weeks younger than Jacie, but is so much bigger. He is such a sweet baby, so snuggly. I just have to say that Griselda is the best snowboarder I have ever had the chance to ride with. She used to be on the US team, so she really knows how to work it. I was very impressed. She was kind enough to ride along with Ryan and I, although I am a total amateur, even after all these years. There was one really embarassing moment where I fell off the lift, and was dragged a short distance before I finally let go and let the chair go over me as I laid flat. Can you believe that a bunch of people laughed at me? Griselda told me I was real smooth. Ha Ha. Smooth is right.

1 comment:

Danette said...

Kylan just informed me about the info in this part of the blog. I didn't have time to read everything (you know you and your massive posts!!!)my first time around so I came back to check it out, again. That is awesome that you guys got to go skiing and for such a great price. I hope they do it again next year! I'm glad you guys will be around at least one more year, too bad for us it's not longer.