Sunday, February 24, 2008

Feeding the Princess

We let Jacie feed herself some noodles tonight. She is really good at feeding herself things like chunks of cheese, banana, crackers and chunks of fruit, but I usually feed her everything else. I thought, for some reason, that tonight would be a good night to begin to let her practice with other food. I mean, come on...a kid has to learn to feed themselves at some point. She is very much a perezosa type of gal. Thats lazy for the non spanish person. Don't get me wrong, she plays and walks along furniture, and does all kinds of active stuff. However, she will gladly let you hold her sippy cup, feed her food, or anything else she thinks a princess shouldn't have to do--like wipe her bum. Ok, she's got me on the bum thing, but food, she needs to start doing on her own. Below is the result: Looks like she is doing Ok, right? Keep going...
Future Food inspector, maybe. See the food hanging out of her mouth? Keep going...
She's missed a few noodles, but not bad. Keep going...
Happy Happy Happy. Keep going...

OK, I think she was done a long time ago. Keep going...I think I missed seeing the chocolate on the side, and it looks like there is a Goldfish mixed in with the noodles, but I think she missed the pie hole a few too many times. There is always tomorrow!Nice, huh? the picture does not do the floor justice. When she is done with something, she sweeps it right off the tray, onto the floor. She does that with everything!

No comments: