Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Food, 4th, and 45th

Jacie Girl had her 4 month check up today. She weighed in at 13 pounds 8 ounces, and is 24 inches long. This puts her in the 45th-50th percentile, so just about where she should be! She jabbered at the Doctor, and has met all of the milestones to date. I asked him how much tummy time to give her and he said not much because she has good head control. That was so great to hear! She also got her shots, which she didn't care much for. Believe it or not, she seemed to know she was in for something unpleasant. As soon as we got into the room, she got this panicked look on her face, and started to cry. She calmed down when she saw the Dr., but when the shot lady came in, she did the very same look and started to cry and gave me this look as if to say "Get me outta here!!" Another bonus of today is that she was given permission from Dr. Allyn to eat food! I was so excited to feed her that I went out and bought spoons, little bowels and of course, food. On the other hand, I got a little teary eyed because I feel like she is no longer a baby! Of course she is, but she has so much personality now she is like a little person. She is also developing attitude. Very cute. I just have to smile at it.
The first bite! She may look like she doesn't enjoy it, but she did. It was a little weird at first, I think.She is not crying because we are making her eat, or because we are not feeding her fast enough, I think she is just sore from her shots. Very grumpy today.
See that sweet face? I can see her packing on the pounds now. She enjoyed her food very much. More, please?

Ryan helped out with the shoveling of the food while I took a turn at the camera. It was a wonderful new step in our lives with Little Miss Princess. We still feel just as blessed as ever to have her here.

No comments: