Thursday, September 20, 2007

Super Sweet 6 months

Jacie turned 6 months on Wednesday, September 19th! Yippee!!! She had her check up today, shots and had her first veggie--squash. Yummm. She ate the whole jar, but was very slow. She was excited for the food, seems to know what a jar means, or at least the spoon and opened up wide, took it in, then gave us this look of "what the heck was that?!" But she didn't spit it out, so that's good. She must be accustomed to Daddy being the one to feed her, because he had to take over the feeding process. She wouldn't open up for me. Speaking of Daddy, she is getting more and more attached to him by the day! It must be all the evenings they spend together. Still, when she is sad, she wants the momma, so I still have her heart...at least a little bit.

Here are the stats for her growth: 26 inches tall (60th percentile), and 15 pounds 3 ounces (40th percentile). She has these cute little roly-poly chubby thighs and her hands are getting little dimples in them. Yep, she likes her food! No teeth yet, the teething fairy is visiting regularly..she sure likes to bite my fingers, and has even gotten Ryan's fingers a time or two.

I just can't believe she is 6 months old already. Did I really have her that long ago? So much has changed already. She is sitting up on her own, sometimes topples backwards, but will sit and play for a long time and is getting super mobile in her crib. I am loving the growth and excitement she finds, but feel so sad that my baby is growing up.
Mmmm, yummy squash. Can I try green beans next?

No comments: