Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wha...?

Kids are so funny. They change so fast, that you can hardly keep track of it. And then they go and do something that they haven't done in ages and you rethink things a bit. Its been forever since she has made huge messes with her food. She is getting really good at using a spoon and a fork, so I thought nothing of giving her a yogurt and spoon and letting her have at it on her own. I finished up the dishes to turn around and see this:
Jacie has found a new toy these days. Its an empty toilet paper roll. Now why in the world do I need to buy her toys when she is perfectly happy playing with something like this? That being said, she likes to take her little cloth tea cups and mash her fists into them and walk around like they are boxing gloves. So I guess the toys are OK...

I've come to a realization lately. Actually, it was a friend of mine that helped me see the light. I feel like since I've been out of school that I have had no time to get anything done. Housework falls way behind, I always feel like I am running running running, but nothing ever seems to get done. Why would that be? I was far busier while taking a huge load of classes and still managing to take care of the home front. So what happened to the time? Why is it not working now? My friend said that maybe it was a blessing while I was in school. That hit hard. I thought about it, and yep, she is right. There was no way I should have been able to read 20 books and plays, write a zillion long papers, study spanish, take care of my family, and manage to still hold a calling at church with just 24 hours in the day...all crammed into a four month span. Just no way. I was blessed for some reason to be able to accomplish everything that needed to get done. And now that its over, life has gone back to normal, and I am not used to it. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for that blessing. Thankfully, I was able to get it all done and done right. One thing is for sure. I never would have been able to do it without the help of my gracious Heavenly Father. Thankfully, he loves me enough to grant me what I needed most: a blessing at a serious time of overwhelming demand and need.

No comments: