Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More interviews

We have had some seriously busy weeks lately! We have been to three states in as many weeks, traveled to Lake Huron so Allison could see a lighthouse, back and forth to Detroit, and then everything else that is necessary, like laundry, food, mowing the lawn…But the biggest news is about our last two interviews after Washington.

While Allison was at Girls Camp, Ryan, Jacie and I went to Elko, NV. Like Washington, it is on Pacific time, so we knew it would be another crazy time zone adjustment. It was more than that…it was non-stop going from the time we got off the plane to the time we flew out! We got in at 5PM, and had to be to dinner by 6:30. How do you get spiffed up and ironed out in that amount of time? Needless to say, we were late. Jacie was horribly tired, and very clingy. However, we were able to see some friends of ours that lived there. The Whimples used to live out here in Michigan a few years ago, but moved to Elko when he finished residency. They look exactly the same! We had a nice dinner, and then followed them back to their amazingly beautiful house. Their kids were all grown up, but still as sweet as ever. That turned into a late night for us, but well worth it. Ironically, we watched their kids for them while they went to Elko to interview for the job! Hmmm...The next day was non-stop, as well. While Ryan was interviewing, the recruiter lady named Nicole showed Jacie and I around the town and hospital. After that, the Doctor took us to lunch near the mountains and then drove us through some of the most beautiful mountain range I have ever seen. I was so tired, I actually slept for part of it. I was wiped out by that point. That evening we had a very nice dinner, and then we went back to the hotel for me to get ready to fly out on my own with Jacie the next morning. I was more than a little worried about flying by myself with her. I don’t know what I was worried about—it was a piece of cake! She did really really well. The hardest part of the entire day was hauling a suitcase, stroller with a baby, and a car seat out to the shuttle to go find our car. What a mess! We survived, though, and it was nice to get home and see Allison again. Jacie really missed her and ate up all the attention she was getting from Alli. Oh, and sorry, no pictures of Elko. There was never a moment to just relax and take a shot or two!

After that trip, and after Alli flew home, Ryan and I caught yet another flight to Fort Smith, Arkansas. This time we flew out of Flint and it was soooooo much easier!! Two short flights and we were there. Once we got there, I had to really use the facilities. Jacie and I wandered into the bathroom and I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel! Wing backed couches and chairs, flowers, full length mirrors, lotions, you name it! It was by far the nicest bathroom I have ever used—anywhere! The Fort Smith trip was super short and super fast. Both of us wished her would have had one more day to explore the area. What little we did get to see, we really liked. We were busy from the word go, but it was all very good. The doctors and recruiter were all really nice, and very accommodating. We had to find the mall first thing because Ryan forgot to take a tie. I loved the mall. It was awesome! There are a lot of great shopping options, and of course, dining options. The only day we really had any free time was the morning we were leaving. We flew out at 11AM, and we were early risers that day. We headed out to check things out and stopped at the court house. Get this…they still have The Gallows from the 1800’s when you used to hang people! We thought it would be interesting to check out.


I believe the giant building in the back is the visitors center, but I could be wrong.
Do I look tired? That would be because I AM!! Worn out, completely. Jacie sure looks fresh and happy, though.
Here it is--complete with a noose!
They only hang a noose up on the anniversary of a hanging. It just to happened that the day we stopped was the anniversary of the very first hanging. I got goosebumps all over by body and shivered with chills. Creepy!

This is the awesomely nice bathroom. Funny thing is that when they asked how we liked their airport, I told them about the bathroom and they laughed and laughed. I guess they got some national award for the nicest airport bathroom. I can see why! This picture really doesn't do it justice.



Just another fun video of Jacie. She is playing with Ryan.

1 comment:

Janetlee said...

I love all your new posts! The videos are so great! Thanks for the smile today.