Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Special Gift


At church, there is an elderly woman with terminal pancreatic cancer. She is a really sweet woman, and Jacie and I have taken her dinners and to a couple of her appointments for Chemo. She has developed this attachment to Jacie, and Jacie just loves her! She laughs at her all the time. Sometimes I wonder if part of it is all of those wonderful sweet wrinkles she has that make her look so fun. Anyway, on Sunday, she gave us this "gift". It even made Ryan feel touched. These plates are from her own collection. She used to collect these plates with her Mom and told Ryan that she couldn't stand the thought of them being sold at a rummage sale, and wanted them to go to someone she loved. I feel truly honored to be the mother of someone she thinks of like that. Jacie has no idea of the value of these plates, but I will do everything in my power to teach her the same unconditional love she has been shown. People--sometimes they inspire me to be a better person!

No comments: