Thursday, October 25, 2007

This works, too

Little Butterbean just cracks me up sometimes. While we were doing the laundry, I gave her some toys to play with to distract her from the clothes, and it worked pretty well. As is her favorite thing to do these days, she threw them. She loves to throw anything, but especially when she decides it has served its purpose and she no longer needs it. This time, however, she deicded she wanted it back, and reached for it. It was just out of her reach, so she tipped over to the side. That seemed to be OK, because she layed there and played with it for a long time, on her side! however, any other day or minute of the week, you lay her on her side or anything that does not involve sitting up or food and she gets M-A-D!

One funny thing I wish I could have caught on film was a throwing match she had the other day. When she wants to be held but just can't be for whatever reason, the last thing you can do is distract her with a toy. Nana sent this super cute witch that says Happy Halloween on it. She really enjoyed it the first few days, so I thought maybe it would trick her into sitting still for a couple more mniutes. Was I wrong. She pitched that thing across the room. I tried again. This time, her swing was so fierce that it flew out of her hands on the upswing and landed right on top of her head. I just looked at her, giggling and she had this look of "What the heck?" She took her little fist, picked it off the top of her head and chucked it again. I gave in after that and picked her up. The result? Happiness.

3 comments:

Pattie said...

i am enjoying your blog its great seeing your baby girl grow up..

Leonardfam said...

I think it's funny you have a zillion nicknames for her.

jayne said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you posted on my blog so I could find you! Little girls are so much fun. Sounds like you are loving life!